Get to Know Us:
Knight Archer Insurance is a locally owned and operated insurance brokerage headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan. It is the largest independent brokerage in Saskatchewan, with 17 locations that span three provinces. Knight Archer Insurance has been in business and active in the community for 40 years and truly believe in our mission statement, “...making life easier.” The Knight Archer culture is structured around our core pillars with a focus on an outstanding customer experience, best business practices, a healthy workplace, a responsible environmental partner, and strong community partnerships.
Summary of Position:
As VP, Branch Operations you are responsible for leading the Personal Lines Insurance and Motor Licenses Division of Knight Archer Insurance. Using the strategic plan as a template, you will work collaboratively with branch leadership to provide guidance and ensure operational performance measures are set and exceeded. You will lead the implementation of corporate programs focused on growth and innovation to ensure Knight Archer Insurance achieves its vision and mission of “...making life easier.”
This exciting position at Knight Archer Insurance oversees 17 branch offices in 12 communities across Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. The VP, Branch Operations provides leadership, management, and vision to ensure the divisions have proper operational controls and teams in place to effectively enhance growth and ensure operating efficiency. This opportunity is located at our brokerage headquarters in Regina, Saskatchewan.
A Day in the Life:
- Leading the development and implementation of operational standards with a focus on enhancing the customer experience and innovation at Knight Archer Insurance. This includes acting as a liaison both internally and externally while leading the standardization of processes including: reporting, billing, training, and other areas as required across divisions and with our external partners.
- Coaching, motivating, and supporting team members in the development of personalized work plans and on-going work activities.
- Providing feedback while reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on progress towards the annual business plan and participating in the development of the corporate strategic plan.
- Developing industry, association, and market relationships while providing valuable input into the insurance industry and representing Knight Archer Insurance.
- Receiving, responding to, and resolving customer concerns gathered online, in-person, or through internal customer concern processes.
- Leading the operational SGI Motor License Issuing Auto Fund function at Knight Archer Insurance through an SGI Auto Fund partnership; this includes providing and receiving feedback on processes and procedures for improvement.
- Leading the development of the Branch Operations Division’s annual business plan, operational performance measures, and other reporting as required.
What You Bring to KAI:
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with the ability to empathize, actively listen, and maintain a positive attitude throughout difficult situations.
- Strong coaching and team building skills with the ability to manage and lead remote teams.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to see the “big picture” while maintaining focus on the implementation of business objectives necessary in achieving Knight Archer Insurance’s vision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience developing a large network of business, industry, and government relationships.
- Strong leader of people, with the proven ability to motivate, persuade, and build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Creative problem solving with strong analytical skills that allow you to provide unique solutions in dealing with both day-to-day matters and unforeseen circumstances.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate win-win scenarios both internally and externally for all parties involved.
- Well-rounded understanding of change management that will allow you to effectively lead Knight Archer Insurance through ongoing business transformation.
What KAI Has to Offer You:
- We are dedicated to the ongoing growth and development of our employees and commit to providing:
- Paid time off including sick and personal leave.
- A competitive group benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- RRSP matching program.
- A confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and innovative well-being resources.
- Personal development and wellness reimbursement programs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You will have five years of senior leadership experience in insurance or another related industry.
- You will have knowledge of both personal and commercial insurance business lines.
- You will hold a Level 3 Property and Casualty Insurance License in Saskatchewan.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education will be considered.
If this sounds like an opportunity that speaks to you and are ready to begin on the path to your new career, we encourage you to apply! Please send a cover letter and up-to-date resume highlighting how your knowledge, skills, and abilities make you the ideal candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
*KAI is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce of creative minds.
**Please note that the successful candidate must pass a criminal record check and will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or negative test results on a regular and frequent basis once an employment offer is issued.